PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS CAUTION:
This product contains high levels of copper. Consumption of this product by sheep or goats may result in copper toxicity.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
FEEDING AND MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
When used as directed, Big V 25% AN with IGR will provide sufficient S-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of this product per 100 lbs of animal bodyweight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for a 1000-lb. animal.
1. Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding Big V 25% AN with IGR.
2. Offer cattle 1 Big V 25% AN with IGR for every 15 to 25 head of cattle.
3. Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements.
4. Locate Big V 25% AN with IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
5. Replenish Big V 25% AN with IGRon a regular basis as needed.
6. If intake of Big V 25% AN with IGR is below 0.8 oz. per 100 lbs. animal body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas more frequented by cattle.
7. If intake of Big V 25% AN with IGR is above 0.8 oz. per 100 lbs. animal body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas less frequented by cattle.
8. Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly population is desired.